The Sketchbook Project is in Toronto! Too bad that's not where I'll be...

You know how sometimes it seems like events in the universe are conspiring against you?  Well, okay, this isn't one of those times, but it is bad timing nonetheless.

Remember how for the past two years I've been doing the very fun Sketchbook Project (a blank sketchbook arrives by mail, I fill it with pictures and mail it back to its home in Brooklyn and it becomes part of a permanent Art Library at the Art House Co-op?) Well that Library has been on tour for the past few months, and it's finally here in Toronto!  All of the sketchbooks from artists around the world will be at the Gladstone from July 19 - 22 - open to the public, books ready to be browsed and held and admired.  I have been waiting for this day for months!

And....I'll be in Ottawa.  The whole time.

So, please - for my sake - go visit the sketchbooks. Say hi. Enjoy them. Admire them.
And let me know how it goes.

Sigh.


No comments: