For the nephew

































Here's a piece my sister-in-law commissioned for my nephew Harris's room.  She told me that the room already had a "retro-British" type theme (union jack pillows, blue and red) and I took it from there.  The finished poster was 17" x 22" - a few inches larger than my own printer can print here at home - so for the first time I took my print to a commercial printer.  It was a bit of a nerve-wracking process (did I set up the file correctly?  Will the colours turn out okay?) but the folks at SML on Carlaw did an amazing job.

This "London theme" is timely as I am in the middle of planning a trip to visit my talented and very stylish friend Jenna from ahbon.ca who moved to Lyon, France at the beginning of this year.  On the way there, I'm going to spend a few days in London, just to, you know, see what all the fuss is about. I'm joking, of course.  I KNOW WHAT THE FUSS IS ABOUT. And I'm incredibly excited.

No comments: