Poster - Live from the Belly of a Whale

This was a truly fun and creative project to work on. My friend Emily Pearlman is one-half of the genius behind MiCasa Theatre, a company that creates wonderful, whimsical, and slightly heartbreaking plays and, whenever possible, takes them on tour across the country. (One time they toured their show to people's living rooms!) Last summer I was lucky to catch their show Countries Shaped Like Stars when it was here in Toronto for Summerworks, and when I was in Ottawa last month I sort of maybe hounded her to let me do a poster for their newest show, Live From the Belly of a Whale. The way that Emily and her co-creator, Nicolas Di Gaetano, create theatre - using handmade, found objects, original music, collaboration - was the main inspiration for the poster image for this story of adventure, imagination, and loss.

If you're in Ottawa near the end of of June, make sure you drop by the Ottawa Fringe Festival and catch this play!

No comments: