Travel Diary - Day Thirteen

Recently I flew home from a 24-day solo trip to Lisbon, Porto, Madrid, Barcelona, San Sebastian, Bilbao, Seville, and Lisbon again. If you like, you can start from the beginning here.

Day Thirteen - Final Day in Barcelona


It will be a bit sad saying goodbye to the comfortable apartment in Barcelona, but I'm also ready to move on. I would have liked to try more restaurants and bars, but I'm starting to get a bit money-conscious and it's not a heck of a lot of fun drinking at a bar by myself. There have been a few moments where I've thought how, with nothing to do, a life of leisure might just drain you. With every opportunity open to you - money the only object - how quickly you might get bored. Is that crazy?


Before I left on the trip, I was given the name of a restaurant in Barcelona - La Crema Canela - that I absolutely had to try, and I've saved it for my final lunch here. And it was definitely, definitely worth it. Inside, the restaurant is small, cozy, and a bit of a white-and-glass accented oasis. I luxuriated in their tomato & fresh mozzarella salad, grilled tuna, and a rich dessert of two small cakes.


I now just have a few small errands to run before my five-hour train trip north tomorrow towards more food, more sea (er, ocean I guess, technically) and more adventure!


No comments: