20 things I learned





Have you seen this yet? It's called 20 Things I Learned About Browsers and The Web and it's a very comprehensive and, yes, fun guide about all things related to, well, browsers and the web. Not only is it informative, but it's well-laid out, easy to read, and it's charmingly illustrated by Christoph Niemann.




I'm always fascinated by illustrations that quickly and cleverly communicate a concept - and these are great examples. I struggle sometimes with editorial-style illustrations because I seem to always want to fall back to using text in the image.


But these illustrations could definitely stand alone and still be clear and concise in the message they're trying to get across. Fishing for fingerprints? Phishing! Genius.

I also really liked the mix of a very tech-savvy topic (web code, software, applications) and what appear to be very non-digital (ie. hand-drawn) illustrations. It warms my heart a little to see the combination. I highly encourage you to check it out, and I hope you enjoy flipping through the pages of this web book as much I as did.
(All images by Christoph Neimann).

No comments: