Illustration Friday: Transportation


So, when you're late in posting the previous week's Illustration Friday drawing, and then are super-duper early in posting the next week's, then you get TWO Illustration Friday drawings in TWO days.
Which is almost unbearably exciting, I know.

When I began brainstorming about transportation, I immediately tried to think of an object to be transported. As soon as I got the image of a letter in the mail, it just clicked. I suppose letters are nearly archaic now - just see how many forms of transportation are skipped with a simple click of the "Send" button - but it's hard to deny how much pleasure I get when I see a letter in my mailbox. A letter that isn't a bill or a statement, I should say. I don't get much pleasure from those at all.


7 comments:

Momo said...

Love the idea. The look and feel is great too.

Ann Marie DiVecchia said...

This is a fabulous idea!! I love the little story in your illustration and the graphic simplicity. It's lovely!!!

shawn said...

This is so wonderful. So thought-provoking. And love the simplicity and great color combo.

D said...

I love this, the illustration style is really nice!

Heather said...

Fantastic idea. love the color use, too, and the heart.

I like getting non-bill mail, too!!! xo

Maldito Columpio said...

really great illo
you've got it!

spindelmaker said...

This is excellent! Great take on the theme!