Sketchbook Project Page 1

As you may remember a few posts back I talked about getting my sketchbook in the mail for The Sketchbook Project Tour: 2011, and I think I'm going to have a lot of fun blogging the pages as I work on them. My book's theme is "Below the Surface" so I thought it would only be appropriate to have a kind of title page as the first one in the book!

And, let me tell you, now that the book is no longer completely and utterly blank, it's going to be a lot easier to put pencil to paper! That was a little intimidating!

I've included an upside-down version of the page here on the blog, so you don't have to turn your laptops or monitors over to see the detail.

I hope to do more pages that make the reader turn the book different upside down or sideways, and that entice them to spend lots of time with the drawings as they see all of the little details.

And speaking of something else below the surface, we had an earthquake here in Toronto that registered 5.5 on the Richter scale! My bookshelves and walls were definitely moving!

No comments: