Ghettoblaster!

I thought I would post this new technique I learned last week in one of my classes, as it gives a pretty interesting final result that looks almost like a coloured print. First, I painted an image in gouache on watercolour paper, leaving the paper white where I actually want black in the final image:


There were a few parts of the image that I wanted to keep white, so I covered a couple of holes and buttons on the image with masking fluid. Then, I covered the entire thing with India ink. This is was a bit nerve-wracking...
And then I washed the ink off under the kitchen tap. It gives a pretty interesting effect. I lost a lot of the intensity of the original gouache colour, but I really like the traces of black ink in and amongst the gouache.


Fun!

1 comment:

Damen said...

The result is absolutely stunning.
I love it!
:)