Colour Project: RAINBOW



Ok I'm being slightly facetious with that blog post title, but so far in my Colour class, we've painted....the colour wheel. It's been a little underwhelming, to be honest.
But soldier on I must, and fingers are crossed that after this project things will get a little more interesting.

This project had to use all twelve tones of the colour wheel on any image we chose to draw. Something about rainbow / madhouse colours bring to mind circus performers and men in old-timey bathing costumes. Maybe I have a problem?

Here's an image of the project with only the reds and yellows done:



And here's the finished image. I think I'm supposed to outline all of the shapes in black, but I don't wanna.



3 comments:

Avery said...

When you first explained this project, I thought it was going to look hideous. But this turned out pretty nice! I like the old-timey bathing suit.

Kinnon said...

Thanks Ave. Another woman in my class did a drawing of sea coral and the fish "that like to hide in it." She also said that she didn't like pictures with people in them. Another girl painted a teapot that was "pouring out the creativity" onto a table. She's the one who did the poem.

Avery said...

Oh wow, I'm just reading this now. I wanna see the teapot! Pouring out the creativity!!! Don't you kind of wish you could have a sneak peak into these people's homes? I bet they would reveal even more kinds of crazy...